Dürr Hans-Peter

Physicist. Until 1997 director of the Max-Planck-Institute for Physics (Werner-Heisenberg-Institute) in Munich (Germany). Studied Physics at the University of Stuttgart (Germany) and at the University of California, Berkeley. 1956 doctorate under Edward Teller. 1962 habilitation at the Ludwig-Maximilian-University Munich (Germany). 1987 foundation of the Global Challenges Network e. V.. 1987 Right Livelihood Award. 2004 “Großes Bundesverdienstkreuz”. Member of the Club of Rome, honorary board of the “Internationale Münchner Friedenskonferenz” and the “Leopoldina”. www.gcn.de